I love cherry blossoms. Growing up outside of Washington, DC, the cherry blossoms have…
This easy Gingerbread House Paper Bag Craft is perfect for holiday décor or holiday treat bags!
Looking for a little help on the Gingerbread style doodles? Check out my full video for tips, ideas, and inspiration. This is also a great activity to do with kids to help them relax during the chaotic holiday time.
It’s time for the November Pin Challenge! The purpose of the Pinterest Challenge is to motivate us to not just pin, but to make it happen! This month’s challenge is all about Christmas! The pin I chose was this beautiful Gingerbread House Treat Bag from CraftberryBush.
Doesn’t it look like a fun idea?
I have to admit, I was pretty intimated when I saw those beautiful Gingerbread Doodles. So I decided to practice.
Benefits to Doodling Gingerbread Houses
Doodling can be a very relaxing activity and a great way to practice mindfulness.
I decided to sit down one evening with my kids and we all practiced together.
We explored different swirly styles, embellishments, and designs….all while listening to fun holiday music.
It definitely helped us get into the holiday spirit and forget about the stresses of the pandemic for a while.
How to Make Delightfully Easy Paper Bag Gingerbread Houses
- Brown paper lunch bags
- White chalk pens
- Clear tape
- Gingerbread House Cupcakes -(Optional)
- Fold your bag in half, length-wise and make a crease. Then fold the top 2 corners in the middle so they meet in the crease. This will be the roof of the house.
- Next draw whimsical windows and doors. Watch my video for lots of great doodle tips.
- Optional: Decorate with white glitter glue or color.
- When you’re done, fill with holiday treats. If you’re using the bags for holiday décor, stuff the bags with newspaper or scrap paper. Or you could just stick a rock in the bottom to give it some weight.
- Finally, tape the corners of the roof down, and you’re done!
Don’t forget to Pin this for later!
For more Pinterest inspired projects from this month’s Pinterest Challenge hosts, check out the links below ↓
My Pinterventures • Cookies Coffee and Crafts
Slices of Life • Sew Crafty Crochet • Our Sutton Place
Purple Hues and Me • Sum of their Stories
Life Beyond Kitchen • Mom Home Guide • Cloches and Lavender Our Good Life • Love My Little Cottage Decorate & More with Tip • Modern on Monticello
Now, let’s see what the other hosts have created ⇓⇓
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!