Summertime is all about cool drinks with ice cream or fizz or fruit or all…
These festive and flavorful Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus AND Red, White, and Blue Potatoes are perfect for 4th of July cookouts, BBQ’s or picnics. This easy, kid-friendly recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Chef Shamy. All opinions are my own)
Welcome to Day 3 of #CookoutWeek 2018! Are you enjoying all these great summer recipes?
AND have you ENTERED our BIG, GIGANTIC GIVEAWAY yet?
One lucky winner receive the following from these generous sponsors:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
NOW on to the my super yummy Garlic Parmesan Aspargus and Rainbow Potatoes
I love cooking with rainbow or red, white, and blue potatoes. They’re delicious, packed with extra vitamins, and super fun for kids. One of my kids’ favorite recipes is my red, white, and blue Greek Potato salad. I always bring it to all our outdoor gatherings (especially on 4th of July).
This recipe came out even better than I anticipated. The asparagus came out so crunch and flavorful-they tasted like French Fries. My daughters, who are in a No-Asparagus phase, were actually arguing over who got more. No one could stop eating them. And the potatoes were of course a big hit. I mean—what’s not to like—parmesean, garlic, and potoatoes? YUM!
The secret to the pure delicious bliss of this recipe is the Chef Shamy butter.
Chef Shamy Garlic Butter –with Parmesean and Basil. Mmmm soo good. The butter combined with the grated parmesan cheese lends a delicious nuttiness. They taste like gourmet asparagus and potato fries. I dare you to eat JUST ONE.
How to Make Patriotic Garlic Parmesan Roasted Veggies
This recipe is adapted from Chef Shamy’s Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potatoes recipe.
Tip: The Asparagus does not take as long to took as the potatoes, so you may want to soften (or pre-cook) the potatoes in the microwave for about 6-8 minutes while you’re preparing the asparagus. That will speed up the roast time for the potatoes.
1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
8 T Chef Shamy Pamesan Basil Garlic Butter, melted
1 bag of red, white, blue potatoes (also called Rainbow Potatoes).
1 bunch of asparagus
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Put Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
2. In another shallow bowl, melt Garlic Butter.
3. Dip cut-sides of yours selected vegetablepotatoes into Garlic Butter, then press into Parmesan cheese.
4. Place cheese side down on a greased baking sheet.
5. Brush any leftover Garlic Butter over top of the vegetables
6. Sprinkle any leftover parmesan over the top of the vegetables too.
For the asparagus, bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 or until tender.
For the potatoes, bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
IF you’re in a hurry—microwave the potatoes first-then bake for about 10 minutes just to get a nice roasted crisp.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for the recipe for the yummy BBQ Meatball sub featured in the above picture!
Don’t forget to check out these other great recipes from the fabulous bloggers of #CookoutWeek:
Tell Your Story-Live Creatively
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the On-The-Road Photography Checklist! Never miss another important photo opportunity again.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!