These gooey and delicious firecracker cinnamon S’mores Treats are the perfect make-ahead version…
This edible s’mores cookie dough is a fun, festive treat perfect for summer. It’s easy to prepare and the whole family will love it. Using Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, gives it an indulgent richness that’s also healthy.
(Disclosure: This is a sponsored post from Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil. All opinions are my own)
Welcome to Day 2 of #CookoutWeek 2018! Are you enjoying all these great summer recipes?
AND have you ENTERED our BIG, GIGANTIC GIVEAWAY yet?
One lucky winner receive the following from these generous sponsors:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
NOW on to the my delicious, edible cookie dough recipe!
Recently, we were making cookies and my daughter asked why we couldn’t eat the raw cookie dough. I explained how it contains raw eggs and could give us a tummy ache. But suddenly that sweet forbidden taste of raw cookie dough came flooding back to me. I remembered sneaking spoonfuls out of the bowl when my dad wasn’t looking.
“I need to find a way to make an edible version for my girls,” I thought to myself.
I did a quick search online. It turns out that edible cookie dough is pretty easy. It just requires a few ingredients, and then you can go crazy with a million different toppings.
Cover it with pastel sprinkles for unicorn or mermaid dough. Add red hots for dragon dough. Keep it classic with just chocolate chips. Crush up Oreos for a cookies and cream flavor. The sky’s the limit. I knew I must try it!
How to make S’mores flavor Edible Cookie Dough
The MOST important part of this recipe is to toast your flour first.
Did you know that plain flour contains bacteria??
I had NO idea! But a quick toast in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees will get rid of it. Easy peasy. Just spread the flour on a cookie sheet, pop it in the oven, and you’re good!
The secret ingredient that really make this recipe great is the Barleans’ Butter Flavored Coconut Oil. If you’re looking for a plant-based alternative to traditional butter, this is a really great choice. Barlean’s has done a great job of bringing the traditional butter flavor into the tropical coconut oil. You can’t even taste the coconut. In the past, I’ve tried to use coconut oil for baking but sometimes it leaves a hint of coconut…which can be really weird if you’re not expecting it. But the Barlean’s Butter Flavored coconut oil has a nice, rich butter flavor. I was really impressed. I can’t wait to use it in more recipes.
If you’re not used to cooking with coconut oil, it’s pretty similar to using butter (except you don’t need to keep it refrigerated). When substituting coconut oil for butter, it’s a simple It’s a 1:1 ratio (sub 1 part coconut oil for 1 part butter).
A note about the Speculoos ingredient:
I had been curious to try the Speculoos spread for a while. The folks at Trader Joes are always saying how yummy it is, so when I was working on this S’mores recipe, I decided to try it. I mistakenly thought it had peanut butter in it and had intended to use it as a fun way to add some extra protein however, it is NOT peanut butter and thus DOES NOT have any protein. It’s basically just a dessert spread. So, if you’re trying to make this healthier—you might want to add some protein powder.
The nice thing about the Speculoos is that it adds a nice chocolatey richness…combined with the Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil-it’s pure indulgence. Mmmm And the cookie swirls lend themselves perfectly to s’mores flavor, so it’s pretty awesome.
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup Barleans’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, softened
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie and Cocoa Swirl
• Option: 1 serving Protein Powder (I used peanut butter powder, but you can use any kind)
• 1 cup mini marshmallows
• ½ cup chocolate chips
• Graham Cracker for topping
Edible S’mores Cookie Dough Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350. Spread 2 cups of flour on the cookie sheet evenly to toast it. Toast for 5 minutes.
Soften your Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil by microwaving it for about 10-15 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix toasted flour, sugar, softened Barleans’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, vanilla, milk, protein powder (optional), and salt until combined evenly.
- Add in the Speculoos and mix well.
- Next, add in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Garnish with a graham cracker.
DIG IN AND ENJOY!This indulgent and edible s'mores cookie dough is made with @barleans Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for extra healthy goodness. (Sponsored) #CookoutWeek Check out the recipe here. Click To Tweet
Do you ever use coconut oil in your baking? Leave me a comment below. And to find out more about all of Barlean’s great products and related recipes, visit them online: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube
Don’t forget to check out these other amazing recipes that are part of #CookoutWeek 2018!
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!