This week's martini is in honor of a favorite Passover dessert-the famous Chocolate Chip Macaroon.…
These HomemadeDouble Berry Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for Summer! They have the ooey gooey-ness of traditional chocolate chip cookies but with refreshing berries added in! Soo yummy and perfect for a hot summer day! #SummerDessertWeek
I scream, You scream, we all scream for….Double Berry Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!
One of my family’s favorite recipes are my famous Strawberry Chocolate Chip cookies.
It’s such a fun twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. I mean, seriously—if you’re going to mess with a classic, you can’t go wrong by adding strawberry.
So this summer, I decided to take that cookie and turn it up a notch by adding blueberries.
BUT….I didn’t stop there.
Since I’m participating in #SummerDessertWeek, hosted by Angie at Big Bears Wife
I knew I needed to create something extra special and decided to make these Double Berry Chocolate Chip cCokies into…Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Related: If you missed my two other articles from #SummerDessertWeek, check out Monday’s Mini Cherry Pie recipe and Wednesday’s super refreshing and Healthier Frozen Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bites! Mmmm sooo yummy!
And for even more #SummerDessertWeek goodness, keep reading after this recipe!
How to Make Double Berry Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Note: I get my Freeze Dried berries at Trader Joes. Please be sure to take the desiccante packet out before you add the freeze dried fruit to the mixture. They’re very small and you don’t want it to accidentally get added to the batter.
Here’s a picture of what to look for:
About 1 cup of Freeze Dried Strawberries
About 1 cup of Freeze Dried Blueberries
1 2/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (if you forget, you can microwave it for 20 sec or until it’s a little soft to the touch).
2/3 cup cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
About 1 cup chocolate chips (or more or less to taste, if you prefer)
About 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (or more or less to taste, if you prefer)
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
Next add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Beat in flour mixture gradually.
Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and the freeze-dried berries.
Remember—Be sure to take out the desiccant packet. Make sure it doesn’t fall into the batter!
Spoon the batter on to the cookie sheet. I used a measuring cup to make them perfectly round so they’ll be symmetrically for the ice cream sandwiches.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. I found removing the cookies at 9 minutes and letting them “rest” on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes was perfect.
The cookies come out soo light and fluffy.
The ooeey gooey chocolate and light berry flavor is sooo good.
How to Assemble the Ice Cream Sandwich
Let your cookies cool then add your ice cream.
Lay one cookie flat side facing up, add the ice cream, and then add another cookie (round side up) for the top of the sandwich.
You can roll them in sprinkles or just sprinkle them on.
These cookies are so yummy on a warm summer day.
As you can imagine, my kids loved them!
Please Pin this post so you can grab it later.
And share it with your friends! You can share to Facebook by hitting the FB button below.
- About 1 cup of Freeze Dried Strawberries
- About 1 cup of Freeze Dried Blueberries
- 1 2/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (if you forget, you can microwave it for 20 sec or until it’s a little soft to the touch).
- 2/3 cup cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- About 1 cup chocolate chips (or more or less to taste, if you prefer)
- About 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (or more or less to taste, if you prefer)
- French Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soada and salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy
- Next add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Beat in flour mixture gradually
- Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and the freeze-dried berries.
- Remember—Be sure to take out the desicant packet. Make sure it doesn’t fall into the batter!
- Spoon the batter on to the cookie sheet. I used a measuring cup to make them perfectly round so they’ll be symmetrically for the ice cream sandwiches.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. I found removing the cookies at 9 minutes and letting them “rest” on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes was perfect.
And now for more great recipes from #SummerDessertWeek!
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts:
- Berry Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches from Our Sutton Place
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Easy Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- 7 Up Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Brownie Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Chocolate Cherry Cake Roll from Sweet Beginnings
- Pina Colada Cake from It’s Shanaka
- Easy Summer Beach Themed Cupcakes from Blogghetti
No Bake Treats:
- Strawberry Shortcake Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mixed Berry Mini Cobblers from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tart Cherry Galette from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blueberry Hand Pies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tell Your Story-Live Creatively
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the On-The-Road Photography Checklist! Never miss another important photo opportunity again.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!