Summertime is all about cool drinks with ice cream or fizz or fruit or all…
Everyone in the family will love this refreshing Root Beer Float Smoothie Popsicle recipe! It can be made with ice cream or vanilla Greek yogurt turning it into a fun dessert or healthy snack.
Welcome to Day 3 of Farmer’s Market Week!
I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite Food Bloggers to bring you a celebration of our favorite Farmer’s Market inspired recipes!
And PLEASE keep reading after my Root Beer Float Smoothie Popsicle Recipe for all the wonderful Farmer’s Market Week recipes.
One of my favorite Summer Activities is heading to the Farmer’s Market and wandering around stall after stall looking at all the beautiful fruits and vegetables and smelling all the fresh produce in the air.
This year I noticed something new—it was a booth from a local dairy. They were selling farm fresh milk.
I had never seen a dairy farm booth before and stopped to find out more. They had milk in a multitude of flavors. Of course they had standard chocolate and strawberry, but they also had…….DRUM ROLL PLEASE….
ROOT BEER Flavored Milk!
Immediately the wheels in my head starting turning. I had to have some and I had to make a fun recipe with it.
How to Make Root Beer Float Smoothie Popsicles
I used the special root beer flavored milk that I got at the Farmer’s Market. But if you can’t find root beer flavored milk, you can also make your own by using 1 ½ teaspoons of root beer extract.
You can also substitute vanilla Greek yogurt for the ice cream if you want a healthier/ higher protein option.
This recipe makes 6 popsicles.
- 1 ½ cups root beer flavored milk.
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend until nice and frothy. Then pour into your popsicle molds. The froth will be the last to pour out of the blender, so if you want each popsicle to have some, take a spoon and manually add a little to each one.
Freeze overnight or (4-8 hours). Then enjoy!
Looking for more fun summer treats?
Check out these yummy posts:
Don’t forget to Pin this for later!
Be sure to check out these other amazing Farmer’s Market recipes!
Wednesday’s Farmers Market Week Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers by Books n’ Cooks
- Cheesy Tomato and Squash Casserole by Blogghetti
- Corn and Bacon Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Farmer’s Market Tortellini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Garlic Scape Pesto by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Raspberry Buckle by Savory Moments
- Mexican Street Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Mushroom Ceviche by The Freshman Cook
- Orange Cantaloupe Smoothie by Making Miracles
- Blackened Steak Cobb Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pesto Chicken Lasagna by The Spiffy Cookie
- Root Beer Float Smoothie Popsicles by Our Sutton Place
- Zucchini Bread by Red Cottage Chronicles
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!