Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for another Toasting Tuesdays where we toast all great…
Kathi Lee and Hoda did a great story on Sochi fashion. I had no idea that looking beautiful was just as important as staying warm. Since my daughters are complete princess fashionistas, I had them model some of the main Sochi fashion requirements. (Unfortunately, only my older one would sit still for the camera–my two year old was too busy practicing her high jumps–or maybe it was the triple axle!)
How to be Sochi Chic in 5 easy steps:
1) Fur–not only is it essential to staying warm; it is an essential aspect of Russian fashion meets function! Cassidy is sporting a white faux fur teddy bear-hooded vest from Crazy 8.
2) Jewels–no outfit is complete without some baubles. Cassidy is pictured with her fabulous ruby red mardi gras beaded necklace. (She’s also using it as a leash for her doggie, because you’re never too young to have your accessories perform double duty.)
3) Make-up–Russian women love all things make-up—beautiful blush, lipstick, eye color, and nails–anything to make your beauty pop! You can’t really tell, but Cassidy’s go-to lip solution is Hello Kitty lip balm. (I wish Burt’s Bees would make something natural and fun for kids–sigh).
4) Fabulous boots–The temps in Sochi may be in the low 60’s but all winter snow princesses understand the importance of a good pair of warm, furry, boots. Cassidy is showing off her sparkly-furry-leopard print boots from Children’s Place. I think I got them on-sale with a coupon for $11.
5) Sunglasses–Russian women love everything from the runway including fabulous sunglasses. Cassidy loves to wear sunglasses too, especially when the paparazzi get to be too much (and by paparazzi, I mean me).
Learn more about how you can be Sochi Chic by watching the full Kathi Lee and Hoda clip here.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!