My daughters and I are in love with all things Unicorn especially Unicorn Food. However,…
This easy to make strawberry unicorn fudge not only looks magical but tastes magical too! Made with rich Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter and tangy dehydrated strawberries, it has an amazing Sweet/Sour combination that will have you craving more and more.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Chef Shamy. All opinions are my own)
Wow! Can you believe it’s day 5 of #CookoutWeek 2018 already?
There have been so many mouthwatering recipes. I can’t wait to try most of them myself! Yum!
Wanna find all of them in ONE place? FOLLOW our #CookoutWeek Pinterest Board.
Click the widget below!
All of this delicious goodness, as well as our giant #CookoutWeek Giveaway has been made possible by Allison from The PinterTest Kitchen and our generous sponsors. Check them out and follow them. You won’t be disappointed.
AND have you ENTERED our BIG, GIGANTIC GIVEAWAY yet?
One lucky winner receive the following from these generous sponsors:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
Now on to today’s recipe…
How to Make Magical Strawberry Unicorn Fudge
One of my favorite things about participating in #CookoutWeek is being introduced to brands I may not have been familiar with previously. One of those brands is Chef Shamy. They’re a small, family owned company that started making honey butters out of their house. Read their full story on their About Page. It’s great! I love their special “clean label” policy meaning they never include any MSG, or rBT (growth hormones), fillers, or chemical preservatives in any of their products!
And when you open a container of any flavor—YOU CAN SMELL all of the FRESH INGREDIENTS just waft out. It makes you inspired to cook.
I remember my surprise when I opened the container of their honey butter for the first time—I couldn’t believe how yummy and fresh it smelled—it smelled like fresh strawberries and rich buttery goodness all rolled into one. You knew good things were on the horizon if the contents of this container were included.
Look at that! It looks like ice cream!
In my house, we love all things magical—unicorns, fairies, mermaids…. And there was just something magical about that enticing strawberry honey butter. So, I decided to see what would happen if I mixed dehydrated strawberries, the Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter, and my mother-in-law’s famous fudge recipe. And let me tell you….it really was something magical!
The dehydrated strawberries are perfect to use because they ABSORB the liquid instead of watering down the mixture. So, they add nothing but flavor and texture.
When you bite in, you first taste the delightful strawberry vanilla flavor. It’s rich. It’s sweet. It’s buttery. You’ll want more.
Then you’ll hit a strawberry. A chewy, sour bit of goodness. Just want you want to balance out the sweetness of the fudge.
The dehydrated strawberries are definitely the Yin to the sweet Fudge’s Yang.
It’s that famous Sweet/Sour combination that will have you craving more and more. MMMMM sooo good!
- 3 cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1.2 oz package of Dehydrated Strawberries (I found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Small jar of marshmallow crème (about 7 oz)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Gold and Pink Sprinkles
- Preparation: butter a baking dish. The larger your baking dish, the thinner the fudge. (I used an 11 X 13 pan.)
- ) Add the sugar, Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter, and evaporated milk to a sauce pan.
- ) Cook on medium until it reaches a full boil. Then keep boiling it for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- ) Take off heat and the marshmallow crème. Stir until melted.
- ) Next add the vanilla and mix.
- ) Finally, fold in the dehydrated strawberries.
- ) Pour the fudge mixture into your buttered baking dish. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- ) Sprinkle your sprinkles on top.
- ) Let it cool then Enjoy!
LIKE THIS? PIN IT!
Did you catch these other great #CookoutWeek recipes from earlier this week? Pin them to read later! Or just CLICK them NOW.
Don’t forget to check out these other great recipes from the wonderful bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek.
Tell Your Story-Live Creatively
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the On-The-Road Photography Checklist! Never miss another important photo opportunity again.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!