The Georgia Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world and is a definite must-see…
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you may have seen an obsessive amount of Vitamix pictures this week. Yes, I finally bought a Vitamix. As part of my personal survivorship program (ie: my strategy for thoroughly kicking breast cancer’s ass), I’m trying to consume a diet of 60 % raw foods. Simply stated-eating raw foods allows you to absorb a much higher amount of nature’s natural vitamins and nutrients because you’re not losing nutrients to processing (ie: heat).
Here are the top 5 reasons I’m obsessed with my Vitamix:
1) Vitamix is the real deal. There’s a reason why it’s so expensive–it’s built to last (it comes with a 7 year warranty). It has a great design, it’s light-weight (BPA free plastic container), and is easy to use. It doesn’t have a million pieces that are hard to clean, prone to leakage, and break easily. I’ve been considering getting a Vitamix for the last 8 years. In fact, I requested an imitation from another well-known appliance company on my wedding registry. It had the same horse-power for half the price but also included all of the problems listed above–sad giant #FAIL ahem…Cusinart.
2) Create easy, amazingly healthy meals with NO COOKING involved. You can’t mess it up, you’re just blending! My favorite new meal is the Green Smoothie. I mix it up daily. My mainstays are a whole lottta spinach or kale, a banana (which helps with sweetness), a little bit of water (maybe 4 ounces) and 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt. (The Greek yogurt is a must for your protein punch–it has twice as much protein as regular yogurt and it contains probiotics which eat the sugars/lactose). Then I’ll add frozen berries or mango, pineapple, etc. We’re getting into orange season, so I’ll probably start adding that as well.
3) It has 3 easy-to-use pre-sets: blend, frozen dessert, and hot soup, which automatically turn off when complete. This feature is what sold it for me. As a busy mom, I don’t have time to be standing there fiddling with dials hoping that a blender’s not going to explode or over-blend if I accidentally leave it running while I tend to a toddler emergency (ex: messy diaper change, water play gone horribly awry, or toddlers climbing bureaus).
4) Easy Clean Up. No scrubbing required. Or maybe this was the feature that got me so excited. Just add a smidge of soap and press blend.
5) You can get creative. My favorite creation so far is frothy coffee. My sister told me about hot chocolate with secretly added veggies (shhhh, don’t tell your kids).
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!