Looking for fun and easy ways to decorate for the Big Football game? I’m sharing…
This morning I shared all of these fun Big Game Day Football Party snack tips on KDVR Fox 31 Denver. (Keep scrolling for the link to my segment). If you missed the show or if you would just like more information about what was mentioned, check out all the great tips and recipes below.
Disclosure: This post contains products that I received for free to review. It also contains Amazon affiliate links. I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you make a purchase.
My on-air segment
I had so much fun sharing all these great Keto-friendly game foods at Fox 31, including my favorite new recipe–the Jalapeño Chicken Cheese Dip. KEEP SCROLLING to the end for the FULL RECIPE!
Click here to see my full on-air segment at Fox 31!
Keto-friendly Big Game Party Food Ideas
Sooo, there’s a lot going on this Sunday!
We’ve got: The Big Game—Kansas City Chiefs Vs. San Francisco 49’ers!
It’s also Groundhog Day!
And finally—it’s National Pork Rinds Appreciation Day…because how better to celebrate the big pigskin game than by eating PIG SKINS!
You could win $2500 and a year’s supply of Pork Rinds!
Be sure to check out www.PorkRinds.com and play “The Great Comeback” for your chance to win $2500 and year’s supply of Pork Rinds.
“The Great Comeback” is a recorded series of short and engaging videos that act as motivational speeches, comic relief and tough love game, that offers prizes for all football and pork rinds fans at PorkRinds.com.
You can play/enter as often as you like to increase your chance of winning. The game runs now through Feb. 2, 2020.
Have Fun and Support a Great Cause
The Great Comeback also supports Coach Mike Ditka’s wonderful foundation Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund, visit: GridironGreats.org
Gridiron Greats supports retired football players that need medical and caregiver assistance.
Remember—back in the day, football players didn’t receive the generous salary and benefits that they get today. They just played for the love of the game. So visit GridironGreats.org to find out how you can help!
Products Mentioned On-air
While on air, I shared several yummy products that are mostly keto-friendly.
They’ll surely be a big hit at your Big Game party.
And by the way, if you’d like to see the whole video of my Fox 31 segment, click here.
KEEP SCROLLING for the link to my favorite Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip and a Healthier version of the Jalapeno Chicken Cheese Dip mentioned on-air.
Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds
I like to think of these as elevated pork rinds. They come in really creative flavors like Blackberry Habanero, Korean Kimchhi Barbeque, and Spicy Dill –just to name a few.
They’re low carb, high protein keto-friendly snacks, full of flavor and can be enjoyed by themselves or with your favorite dips!
Tip: I paired them with a delicious Jalapeno Chicken Cheese Dip! All the folks in the studio loved it!
KEEP SCROLLING For the recipe!
McClure’s Pickles are the perfect pickle for any sandwich, snack or to enjoy by themselves.
My tip? Pair with a Bloody Mary! Mmmm
Raybern’s Premium Meats and Cheese Sandwiches
These delicious sandwiches come frozen. You just heat them up, and they taste amazing!
You can slice them into smaller tea party sized bites, add cute little toothpick flags (as a label and to hold them together) and you’ve got a great easy, appetizer for a crowd.
My flavor suggestion (as a Penn State alumni): Try the Philly Cheesesteak! Touchdown!
OMG! These are amazing! They’re super addictive! I’m glad I just got a small pack for the show because I could at a whole box. Sooo good!
They’re packed with protein, gluten-free, low carb and Keto-friendly.
Where can you find all these delicious Game Day Food Options?
- Find ParmCrisps at King Soopers/ Kroger, Target, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walgreens.
- Find Raybern’s at Safeway, Sam’s Club.
- Find McClure’s Pickles at King Soopers/ Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Walmart.
- Find Southern Recipe Small Batchat King Soopers/Kroger, Cost Plus World Market.
The recipe I made on-air
Southern Recipe Small Batch’s Jalapeño Chicken Cheese Dip Served with Pork Rinds
As I mentioned on-air, there are 2 ways to make this recipe. Option 1 is with 2% Greek Yogurt. Option 2 is a bit more indulgent and uses cream cheese.
I’m a big fan of substituting healthier ingredients whenever possible, so I made mine with the Greek yogurt. Everyone at the TV station loved it!! In fact, I left it there so they could enjoy more if it on their break. They were all really impressed that it was so creamy.
The benefit to using the Greek Yogurt is that it’s low-fat and PACKED with protein and healthy nutrients. It’s also Keto-friendly if that’s something you require.
- Your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds
- 2-4 large jalapeño peppers, diced and deseeded
- 4 oz cojita cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature OR 16 oz of 2% Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz shredded cheddar
- Fresh cilantro to taste, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Chicken, cooked
- 4 Tbsp. Onion, diced
- Mash the cojita, cream cheese or Greek Yogurt, shredded cheese, onion, cilantro chicken, and diced jalapenos together in a medium baking dish.
- Bake at 4250F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds.
1. Mash the cojita, cream cheese or Greek Yogurt, shredded cheese, onion, cilantro chicken, and diced jalapenos together in a medium baking dish 2. Bake at 4250F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly 3. Serve warm with your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds.
Preheat the oven to 425.
1. Mash the cojita, cream cheese or Greek Yogurt, shredded cheese, onion, cilantro chicken, and diced jalapenos together in a medium baking dish
2. Bake at 4250F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly
3. Serve warm with your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds.
Try my favorite Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
I also mentioned on-air my favorite Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. It’s similar to the Jalapeno Chicken Cheese recipe above. Super easy to make.
Click here for the full recipe.
Looking for Easy Game Day Party Décor?
Were you interested in finding out more about my fun Game Day décor that I used on-air?
Read all about here.
My favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip–it’s made with greek yogurt! soooo goood!!! And Keto Friendly!
My 7 Layer Dip Made with Power Veggies!!!!!
My ABSOLUTE most popular party cocktail! Super refreshing and super easy to make!
My on-air segment
Again, click here to see my full on-air segment at Fox 31.
Don’t forget to Pin this article to save for later!
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!