This healthy twist on the classic Seven Layer Dip will score big points with the…
This easy, healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip is a healthy alternative to traditional Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes. Made with Greek yogurt, it’s skinny on calories but packed with flavor. It also tastes great leftover on salad. Be sure to add it to your next Game Day menu.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which means that, at no additional cost to you, I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
It’s Football Season time! Which means tailgates, watch parties, good drinks, good friends, and good food! Whether you’re a college football fan or a root for the pro team, there’s nothing like whipping up some fun Game Day appetizers to satisfy your hunger as you watch the big game.
Recently my team was gearing up to play University of Buffalo. My sister-in-law, who was visiting said “Oh Buffalo? How about I make some Buffalo Chicken Dip in honor of the game?”
Never have I been one to say to no to a cheezy themed food choice, so I quickly jumped at the chance to learn her recipe.
It was oooey…
….with a tangy level of zing. It was soo addictive—we couldn’t stop eating it….which was pretty bad since it was in no way low-fat.
I promptly banned her from the kitchen—just out of self-preservation. I knew if she made any more game day goodness, someone would have to roll us all out of the house.
But I couldn’t stop thinking about that dip. And I was determined to create an easy, healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Check out the Jalapeno Chicken Cheese Dip I made for my appearance on our local news channel. It’s soo good and super easy, just like this recipe.
How to Make Easy, Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
This recipe is so simple and all it takes is 5 simple ingredients.
The secret to this easy healthier Buffalo chicken dip is the 2 % Greek Yogurt. The great thing about Greek yogurt is that it’s packed with protein! It has 23 grams per cup compared to only 2 grams of protein from sour cream.Substituting plain 2 % Greek yogurt for sour cream in your #gameday apps is a delicious and healthy choice. Check out my easy, Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip here! Click To Tweet
Makes enough for 4 – 8 people, depending on what else is being served.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (shred the chicken before you get started)
- ½ cup to 1 cup to taste of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (or Classic Sauce)
- Fage Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt (35 oz size container
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix packet
- 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese
Note: When I made this recipe for my blog post, I used half the amount, which was fine for 2 people. I literally just used half of everything listed above.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a 3 quart sauce pan add in: the shredded chicken (from the rotisserie chicken), the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, the Fage Total Greek Yogurt, and the packet of ranch seasoning.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined then heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. When the edges become bubbly and the cheddar becomes golden, then you know it’s ready.
- Serve with carrots, celery, and/or your favorite chips!
Look at that ooey gooey cheeziness of this easy, healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip…..mmmmmm sooo good…..
Ready to dig in??? mmmmmm
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 1) Using a 3 quart sauce pan, add in: the shredded chicken (from the rotisserie chicken), the 2) Mix all ingredients until well combined then 3) Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top 4) Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. When the edges become bubbly and the cheddar 5) Serve with carrots, celery, and/or your favorite As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, the Fage Total Greek Yogurt, and the packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.
heat for 10 minutes.
with the cheddar cheese.
becomes golden, then you know it’s ready.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1) Using a 3 quart sauce pan, add in: the shredded chicken (from the rotisserie chicken), the
2) Mix all ingredients until well combined then
3) Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top
4) Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. When the edges become bubbly and the cheddar
5) Serve with carrots, celery, and/or your favorite
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ideas for Leftover Easy Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
Have some left over?
Try it with Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Veggie Mix!
(You might remember this salad from my favorite Quick and Easy Power Salad recipe. )
The crunchy carrots, celery, jicama and more are absolutely perfect with this dip. Serve it cold with the salad or warm it up and then add it to the salad. Either way is ridiculously good!
Don’t forget to Pin for later.
Looking for more healthy Game Day recipes?
Check out my Healthy 7 Layer Dip! It’s packed with delicious power foods!
Tell Your Story-Live Creatively
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the On-The-Road Photography Checklist! Never miss another important photo opportunity again.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!