This Super Fun Snowman Sasquatch Relay Race is great for kids of all ages and…
How to Make This Fun and Easy Pumpkin Ring Toss Game
This fun and easy Pumpkin Ring Toss Game is great for all ages. My kids love it so much, it’s become my go-to Halloween party game year after year! Bonus—we like to use glowstick necklaces which makes it super fun for evening parties too.
A few years ago, I somehow got “volunteered” to help out with not only the school Halloween Party but also the neighborhood Halloween party. So, in my efforts to try and maximize efficiencies, I looked high and low for a game that would not only work for multiple ages, but also multiple days.
And voila—I came across the Pumpkin Toss!
This game was such a success that year, that I’ve found myself going back to it again and again.
What I loved about the Pumpkin Ring Toss Game:
- Super easy
- Great for all ages—literally! ALL AGES!
- Can be reused for multiple events
How to make this fun and easy Pumpkin Ring Toss Game
There are a few ways to implement the Pumpkin Toss. It’s a pretty easy game; there really is no wrong way to do it. Just go with whatever feels right for your audience.
When it comes to rings, you have a lot of choices. I’ve seen mason jars, and paper plates-just to name a few.
I personally chose to use glow sticks because I know they’re always a big hit at parties (no matter what the age), they’re inexpensive, and easy to use.
Additionally, glow sticks work really well if your party is in the evening. If you’re doing this at school during the day, you can always dim the lights.
If you need extra glowy pizzaz, you can add glow in the dark paint or glow in the dark tape.
What you’ll need:
- About 5-7 pumpkins, depending on size. I used the small, pumpkin pie pumpkins.
- They’re usually cheaper and have a longer stem. The most important part is to pick pumpkins with long stems.
- A canister of glow stick necklaces
- Some masking tape or painters tape
- Optional: glow in the dark duck tape or paint if you’d like your pumpkins to really glow
How to play:
- Take your masking/painter’s tape and set up a few “starting” lines on the ground.
- For toddlers, place the tape 1 foot away from the pumpkins.
- For older kids, place them 2-5 feet away from the pumpkins. Just use your best judgement.
- (If you see kids are having trouble, go ahead and adjust the start line).
- Lay out the pumpkins in a scattered formation. This can be done on a table or on the floor.
- Let the kids begin the toss.
Whoever gets 3 or more rings on the pumpkins, wins a prize!
(You can vary the rules depending on the needs of your players).
The important thing is to have fun!
If you have multiple Halloween parties, just save the pumpkins in a cool place (like your basement or outside if the weather is cool) until your next event. You can re-use the glow sticks if it’s the same day, otherwise you’ll need to crack open new ones for fresh glow.
Looking for more fun Halloween Ideas?
Check out these related posts:
Quick and Healthy Halloween Party Snacks
Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
Disney’s Zombies Inspired Exploding Witches Brew Stem Activity
Tell Your Story-Live Creatively
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the On-The-Road Photography Checklist! Never miss another important photo opportunity again.
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!
Leave a Reply