We recently discovered the magical world of Orbeez / water beads and now my kids…
This super easy, DIY is a great way to transform an ordinary pair of plain flip flops into something extraordinary. My kids love making these and best of all, they’re inexpensive and waterproof! Keep reading for all the tips on how to make your own Water Balloon Flip Flops!
How to Make Festive Water Balloon Flip-Flops
My daughter made this cute pair of festive flip flops at her musical theater camp this week and I thought it was so adorable, I just had to share them with you-my dear readers.
With help from her camp counselor, she picked out multi-colored water balloons, tied them around the flip-flop straps, and voila: super fun and colorful flip-flops!
What you’ll need to make these Water Balloon Flip Flops:
- Pair of inexpensive plain flip flops (ie: the kind you get at the dollar store).
- Water balloons
Instructions to make the Water Balloon Flip Flops
Just loop the water balloon around the strap, make a little knot and your done! Repeat until you’re happy with your design.
Tip: You could do a pattern or color blocks. The sky’s the limit! Just have fun!
The best part about this kind of DIY embellishment is that it’s made with balloons so it’s WATERPROOF. The kiddos can still wear their sandals to the pool and you don’t have to worry about bedazzles or yarn getting wet and ruined.
My top reasons for loving this super simple Water Balloon Flip Flops DIY
- It’s a fun activity for kids that also lets them work on their fine motor skills, counting, and creativity.
- This DIY is so easy and fun, and it really makes a big impact. It’s such a great way to really turn an ordinary pair of super plain flip flops into something truly unique and extraordinary!
- It’s inexpensive—you can get plain flip flops at the Dollar Tree for just $1.
- The kiddos gain a sense of pride in wearing something that they made themselves.
My daughter is so proud every time she wears them because she made them with her own little hands! And that makes them even extra special!
Bonus Activity: Invite friends over. Decorate your plain flip flops and then have a big Water Balloon Fight with all the extra balloons! Woohoo! Summer fun!
Like this idea? Share it on Twitter!Wanna know how to really dress-up your flip flops this summer and still keep them waterproof? Check out this easy DIY! #flipflops #summercraftsClick To Tweet
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!