I’ve compiled over 20 super fun Stay At Home ideas for summer. In times like these, we’ve got to get creative and I’ve got you covered with everything from Virtual tours to real life day trips and backyard fun. Number 4 has been on my list for a long time and number 17 is an oldie but goodie. Which one is at the top of your list?
Memorial Day is coming up, which means it’s the UNOFFICIAL START OF SUMMER!
But what does that mean this year with our new normal of Stay at Home and Social Distance?
Well, it certainly does not mean that Summer is cancelled.
It just means we need to get a little more creative!
Here are over 20 fun ways to Beat the Boredom and have fun in a NEW way.
Over 20 Ideas for Stay at Home Summer Fun
- Plan a family bike ride a few times a week.
- Get out and explore new trails—Keep track of your rides on a map or on a list. This will be great to reflect on at the end of the summer.
- Go for hikes in nearby state parks
- Go for walks in different parts of your town. (Explore your city and see what you find).
- Do a scavenger hunt in your city (Google “Scavenger hunts near me” and see if you can find any pre-made ones)
- Create a scavenger hunt yourself in your yard or town.
- Go camping in your backyard
- Go camping in a nearby state park
- Go on picnics to local parks
- Plan a backyard soiree. Think of a theme, get fun appetizers, yummy food, and comfy camp chairs or blankets.
- Have a backyard movie night. String up a sheet and project a movie.
- Remember slip and slides? Set up your own “water park” in your back yard.
- Explore museums and zoos of the world through Virtual tours.
- Go on a Virtual Theme Park Tour and “ride” the rides. Search “Virtual Theme Park Rides” in YouTube.
- Visit a National or State Park virtually.
- Go on a Virtual tour of far away castles! Yes! This is a thing!
- Go on an educational Virtual Field Trip (Search “Virtual Field Trip” in YouTube)
- Play croquet (and watch Alice in Wonderland for movie night) Bonus: Make your own Alice in Wonderland croquet set.
- Play corn hole
- Play badminton
- Play Frisbee games
- Play Mini golf
- Do a family field day with old fashioned games like Tug of War and Potato Sack races
Now, over to you! Which activity sounds like the most fun? Which ones do you think you’ll try?
If you complete any of these activities, I’d love to hear about it.
Please tag me on Instagram @OurSuttonPlace and use the #SuttonPlaceHappy I’d love to feature you!
Don’t forget to Pin this article to refer back to it again later.
AND –keep scrolling for more FAMILY FUN related posts.
Looking for more great family fun activities to do this summer?
Check out these posts:
HI! I’m a Shana, self-proclaimed Media Mixologist, wife, and mom to two little girls. I love to mix up cocktails of crafts, recipes, wellness, family and business with just the right amount of sparkle to help you shine everyday. So, grab a glass, and let’s celebrate the cocktail of life!